Wednesday 12 September 2018

Four years too late?


Volkswagen undertakes to fix consumer guarantees approach

While it great news that VW is finally fixing its approach to consumer guarantees, the question is why did it take so long.

I remember writing to the ACCC in 2014 on behalf of a probono client pointing out that Skoda, a subsidiary of VW, was failing to honour its consumer guarantee obligations under the ACL. I also provided the ACCC with compelling evidence of Skoda's misrepresentations about consumer guarantee rights.

In response to my complaint letter, I received the following No Further Action letter. Four years later the ACCC has been able to get VW to do the right thing in relation consumer guarantees.

PS: Fortunately for the client, I was able to assist him with a claim against Skoda in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal and he was successful in securing a full refund.




No comments: