Thursday 7 March 2013

Recent events and activities




It has been a busy period at the moment with a number of interesting events and activities.

Secondary Boycotts


I recently revised and updated the commentary of the Secondary Boycotts chapter in the CCH Competition and Consumer Law Reporter loose leaf section.


SME Committee Law Council of Australia


I have also recently stepped into the role of Deputy Chair of the SME Committee of the Law Council of Australia. My main goal in the role in 2013 is to try to raise the profile of the Committee.


Nationally Accredited Mediator

I received confirmation this week that my application to become a Nationally Accredited Mediator has been successful under the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS).

So if you need a mediator, particularly one who knows a fair bit about competition and consumer law, make sure to look me up.


Tonkin Competition and Consumer Law Conference

On 6 March 2013, I gave the opening presentation at the Tonkin Competition and Consumer Law Conference at the Grace Hotel in Sydney. The title of my paper was "Overview of the activities of the ACCC, lessons learnt and predictions for the future".

A will be posting a copy of my paper on this blog sometime next week.


Master of Laws - Dispute Resolution

I have commenced a Master of Laws in Dispute Resolution through the University of New South Wales. This follows on from a busy 2012 on the education front when I completed the Professional Certificate of Arbitration through the University of Adelaide and the Mediation: Skills, Techniques and Practice Course through the Australian Commercial Disputes Centre.

Needless to say after years of being bit of a litigation snob, I have now become a strong believer in the many benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution.

No comments: